HIRING A FUTURE FORWARD COACH
If you can answer YES to all 5 questions in the Future Forward CHANGE READINESS ASSESSMENT below, you have a strong foundation for a major change effort in your church. Feel free to contact us if you think we can help and a Future Forward Coach will give you a call.
After discussing your current situation, a Future Forward Coach will propose a coaching plan that could be as simple as coaching by phone. It could also include face-to-face meetings at your church and/or a “site visit” to Amplify Church.
The only cost to your church will be for travel expenses, if applicable, and a donation by your church to Future Forward Churches. The amount of the donation is determined by your church.
Please note that Future Forward Coaches build their coaching around five proven change strategies:
1 - ADOPT A NEW MINDSET - Do whatever is needed to shift the mindset of the people of your church away from the statement “If it was good enough for me, it should be good enough for our children and grandchildren,” and replace it with the question – “What will it take to reach and continue to reach the next generation?”
2 - IDENTIFY THE ESSENTIALS – Clarify the vision that you believe that God wants for your church and then identify your “vision essentials” - the handful of things that deserve your full time, attention, energy and resources because they are absolutely essential to achieving your vision.
3 - REDUCE THE DISTRACTIONS – Identify and eliminate as many church programs, ministries and practices as possible that potentially distract members and visitors from your vision and divert your time, attention, energy and resources from the things that are essential to fulfilling your vision.
4 – ELEVATE YOUR STANDARDS - Close the gap between where you are as a church and where you have the potential to be regarding the excellence of your weekend services and other “vision essentials.”
5– BUILD A MENTORING CULTURE – Put into place systems that ensure that young leaders are prepared for and placed into visible leadership roles in the church and that the church will become and remain a church that is never disconnected from the next generation.
To better understand these strategies, please read “For a New Generation: A Practical Guide For Revitalizing Your Church.” For a brief overview of these strategies for you or others in your church, you can download this free copy of “Change Leadership Strategies for Churches.”
CHANGE READINESS ASSESMENT
- Our church’s core beliefs are consistent with the Apostles Creed, fully embracing the claim of Jesus Christ - “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- Our church leaders are open to changing anything that does not compromise our core beliefs or values (i.e. service times, children’s environments, staffing, dress code, etc.)
- We have a Senior/Lead Pastor in place who is passionate about connecting with the next generation, even if that would require significant changes to current church practices.
- The people to whom the Senior/Lead Pastor is accountable (church Board, Council, etc.) are willing to actively support significant change as led by the Senior/Lead Pastor.
- A majority of our current members understand that our church must change in order to more effectively connect with (or stay connected with) the next generation.
If you can answer YES to all 5 questions above, you have a strong foundation for a major change effort in your church. Feel free to contact us if you think we can help and a Future Forward Coach will give you a call.